If you own a gun you must keep it in a safe place and out of reach. And, The most reliable and convenient way to secure your gun is to lock it in a Gun Safe box.
However, Gun Safe should be stored in a designated area to prevent theft. There are some excellent ways on how to secure your gun safe in an apartment.
So read the tips and keep your Gun safe secure.
WAYS TO SECURE YOUR SAFE IN AN APARTMENT
1. BOLTING THE GUN SAFE TO THE WALL
In order to bolt a gun safe on the wall, First, you have to select a good and secure place. This process is very simple and allows you to easily access it.
- After selecting the location you find the studs on the walls with a stud sensor or hammer and nail.
- Then remove part of the wall with a small saw according to the outline of your gun safe. And of course, cut along the wall.
- Place the Gun Safe Box where you cut the wall.
- Fit the safe on the wall and drill according to the stud.
- Now fasten the screws to the place where you have drilled.
2. BOLT YOUR GUN SAFE ON THE STEEL SLAB
You need a slab that is larger than the width of your door frame (about 1 inch thick and large). Buy high-quality steel slabs and heavyweights.
If this slab is heavy and wide from the width of the door, then no one can get it out easily.
This is the same way as bolting to the floor.
- Select a good and suitable place to bolt the gun safe. And place the slab in the selected place. Place the safe box on top of the slab.
- By using the bolt down holes on the bottom of your safe, mount the safe on top of it
- No thief can easily access its lock, if anyone wants to steal, they have to break the slab which is not easy.
3. STICKING THE GUN SAFE TO THE FLOOR
The Gun safe sticking method can be a great option if you don’t want to do the above procedures.
Usually, homeowners are not allowed to drill holes in the walls or floor of their home. You can follow this process as a solution.
You can attach your gun safe to the floor with high strength polymer glue to keep your safe box secure and the walls free of holes.
-No need to make any holes to install your safe for this process. Simply attach the safe to the floor with glue.
4. FIXING TWO SAFES TOGETHER
You can apply this method if you want to make things harder for the thief. However, in this case, you will need two large safes.
Make two safes in one unit. That is, connect two safes together. Doing so will make your safe heavier than a single safe, which will make it harder for the burglar to carry.